Bulgaria's Zlateva 'Quiet Achiever who will Light Up London'
Bulgaria's top female wrestler Stanka Zlateva has found her way into a list of the ten top Olympians, whom everybody should watch even though they are flying under the radar.
Composed by Dominic Bossi for the Sydney Morning Herald, the ranking features stars like Laura Flessel-Colovic, Anky van Grunsven, Olafur Stefansson, Lin Dan.
Zlateva comes at spot three and is presented to the readers as the tough lady who managed to beat the heroics of Novak Djokovic and be crowned the Balkan Athlete of 2010.
"So fearsome is her reputation throughout Bulgaria that competitors have preferred to forfeit bouts in national finals instead of facing the champion wrestler. The five-time world and European champion rivals Manchester United's Dimitar Berbatov as the country's most prominent star," the article says.
At the end of 2011 Stanka Zlateva was named Bulgaria's best sports personality for a second year in a row.
Zlateva, who won that year her impressive fifth world title in female wrestling, was picked ahead of swimmer Petar Stoychev, while wrestler Elis Guri was declared third.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Mobile Betting Apps: Sports News and Tips
- » Four Bronze Medals for Bulgarian students from the Informatics Olympiad
- » Nurgyul Salimova with a Record Rating in the FIDE Rankings
- » Nurgyul Salimova: I am Proud of what I have Achieved, I Felt the Support of many Bulgarians and People from all over the World
- » After 30 years: Bulgaria Won again the Team World Title in Rhythmic Gymnastics
- » Women's Spanish teams Refuse to Play until the President of the Football Federation is replaced