Stabbed Bulgarian MMA Fighter Discharged from Reanimation
Blagoi Ivanov, the Bulgarian MMA fighter who was stabbed almost fatally in February, has been discharged from the reanimation department of Sofia's Priogov hospital.
Blagoi Ivanov's treatment will continue in the same hospital.
On February 26, Ivanov and two of his friends had just occupied their places in a bar on Graf Ignatiev Str., in downtown Sofia, when a group of 8 persons armed with bats and knives allegedly came in and attacked them.
The MMA fighter suffered a deep stab wound in the chest that affected one of his lungs and his heart. His condition remained critical for several weeks.
Blagoi Ivanov recently gave his first press conference after the attack, declaring that he is determined to return to the fighting ring.
Blagoi Ivanov aka Bagata won the gold medal in the 2008 World Sambo Championships and the bronze in the 2006 world contest. In Bellator MMA fights, he has never lost a match, having won 6 of his 7 games this far, and tied one.
A 23-year-old suspect for the assault remains in custody.
- » Hundreds of Miles between them but Shropshire and Bulgaria are Closer than you Think
- » Tornado Injured 17 People in the State of Iowa
- » EU Nations Help Sweden as Wildfires Rage Above Arctic Circle
- » At Least 11 Drown as 'Duck Boat' Capsizes in Missouri
- » The Autumn Weather will Remain until the End of July
- » Clouds and Precipitation in Central and Eastern Bulgaria