Stabbed Bulgarian MMA Fighter Discharged from Reanimation
Blagoi Ivanov, the Bulgarian MMA fighter who was stabbed almost fatally in February, has been discharged from the reanimation department of Sofia's Priogov hospital.
Blagoi Ivanov's treatment will continue in the same hospital.
On February 26, Ivanov and two of his friends had just occupied their places in a bar on Graf Ignatiev Str., in downtown Sofia, when a group of 8 persons armed with bats and knives allegedly came in and attacked them.
The MMA fighter suffered a deep stab wound in the chest that affected one of his lungs and his heart. His condition remained critical for several weeks.
Blagoi Ivanov recently gave his first press conference after the attack, declaring that he is determined to return to the fighting ring.
Blagoi Ivanov aka Bagata won the gold medal in the 2008 World Sambo Championships and the bronze in the 2006 world contest. In Bellator MMA fights, he has never lost a match, having won 6 of his 7 games this far, and tied one.
A 23-year-old suspect for the assault remains in custody.
- » Mostly Sunny with Max Temperatures Between 10 ° and 15 °
- » Is There a Danger of an Epidemic of Measles in Bulgaria?
- » Europroject Will Improve Air Quality in Six Large Municipalities in Bulgaria
- » Findings from the Struma Highway Enter the Exhibition "Bulgarian Archeology 2018"
- » NASA Accelerates Its Plans to Land on the Moon
- » 17 Cases of Measles in Bulgaria