Over 400 Aftershocks Rattle Western Bulgaria in 4 Days
Over 400 aftershocks have been registered in Bulgaria since the strong May 22 earthquake, according to the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
The total number includes numerous mini-aftershocks that have occurred in the region of Pernik in Western Bulgaria since the 5.8-6.0-magnitude earthquake that scared Pernik and Sofia five days ago, the Geophysics Institute of BAS said Saturday.
The last aftershock, an earthquake with a magnitude of 2.3 on the Richter Scale, shook Bulgaria's Pernik District Saturday morning.
The epicenter of the aftershock, which occurred at 8:49 am on Saturday, was 32 km southwest of Sofia, near the town of Radomir, according to the Geophysics Institute of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
Meanwhile, an earthquake with a magnitude of 4.0 on the Richter Scale has been registered in Romania early Saturday morning, and has also been felt in Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria, July 2: Sunny and Warm, Temperatures Up to 35 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Temperatures Up to 36 Degrees on July 1
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny and Warm with Temperatures up to 36 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Heat at the Beginning of the Week
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm Sunday
- » Bulgaria Weather: Heat up to 35 degrees in the Coming Days