3 Slight Aftershocks Felt in Bulgaria Wednesday
Two new slight aftershocks were felt in Pernik and Sofia on Wednesday afternoon after the 5.8 magnitude earthquake that shook Bulgaria early on Tuesday.
The first one struck at 1:57 pm local time on Wednesday some 3 km from Pernik and had a magnitude of 3.3 on the Richter scale.
A second one followed at 2:41 pm with a magnitude of 3.5. It's epicenter was located 7 km from the town of Radomir.
A 2.2 magnitude aftershock was detected at around 4:50 am on Wednesday.
On Tuesday, researcher from the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences explained that aftershocks may reach a magnitude of 4 on the Richter scale, which would not damage the infrastructure. However, objects may fall and injuries may occur.
Tuesday's initial earthquake had a magnitude of about 5.8 on the Richter scale and struck at 2:58 am. Its epicenter was about 6 km from Pernik and approximately 25 km from the capital Sofia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria, July 2: Sunny and Warm, Temperatures Up to 35 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Temperatures Up to 36 Degrees on July 1
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny and Warm with Temperatures up to 36 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Heat at the Beginning of the Week
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm Sunday
- » Bulgaria Weather: Heat up to 35 degrees in the Coming Days