2.8-Magnitude Aftershock Shakes Bulgaria's Pernik
A new earthquake with a magnitude of 2.8 on the Richer scale has been registered near the Bulgarian capital Sofia and the western city of Pernik.
The new aftershock – which follows the May 22, 2012, earthquake in Western Bulgaria with a magnitude of 5.9 – occurred at 11:08 pm Tuesday night, according to the European Seismology Center.
The epicenter of the new earthquake was located 28 km west of Sofia and 5 km northwest of the western Bulgarian city of Pernik, at a depth of 1 km.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria, July 2: Sunny and Warm, Temperatures Up to 35 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Temperatures Up to 36 Degrees on July 1
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny and Warm with Temperatures up to 36 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Heat at the Beginning of the Week
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm Sunday
- » Bulgaria Weather: Heat up to 35 degrees in the Coming Days