3.1-Magnitude Aftershock Rattles Bulgaria's Sofia, Pernik
A new earthquake with a magnitude of 3.1 on the Richer scale has been registered near the Bulgarian capital Sofia.
The new aftershock – which follows the May 22, 2012, earthquake in Western Bulgaria with a magnitude of 5.9 – occurred at 7:26 pm Tuesday night, according to the European Seismology Center.
The epicenter of the new earthquake was close to the epicenter of the original tremor – it is located 23 km southwest of Sofia and 7 km southeast of the western Bulgarian city of Pernik, at a depth of 2 km.
- » Weather in Bulgaria, July 2: Sunny and Warm, Temperatures Up to 35 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Temperatures Up to 36 Degrees on July 1
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny and Warm with Temperatures up to 36 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Heat at the Beginning of the Week
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm Sunday
- » Bulgaria Weather: Heat up to 35 degrees in the Coming Days