Bulgarian Police Bust Illegal Diplomas Workshop
Bulgarian police in capital Sofia detained two young women Thursday over accusations that the two allegedly engaged in printing and distributing fake diplomas for education.
Both arrested women are aged 23, one of them being a college student with a record for theft, and the other a friend of hers.
The two are believed to have produced fake high schoold diplomas, as well as bachelor's and master's diplomas from 3 large Bulgarian university.
They advertised their products in a site on the net, and they sold them in the range of BGN 1900-2400.
The two delivered the diplomas in person or via a courier service.
They also had the equipment needed for the designing and printing of the fake diplomas, which police promptly seized.
The investigation is still under way and formal charges are expected to be filed against the detainees.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Europol Discovered an International Criminal Group for Financial Fraud Operating in Bulgaria
- » 1 Tonne of Cocaine destined for Bulgaria was seized in Colombia
- » Bulgarian Prosecution accuses GDFOC of Unprecedented Pressure on the “Hemus” Investigation
- » Double Homicide in Varna
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria