Sofia Airport Serviced over 290 000 Passengers in April 2012
In April 2012, Sofia Airport serviced a total of 291 272 arrival and departure passengers, 3% more than in April 2011.
According to a media statement of Sofia Airport, the largest number of passengers, nearly 270 000, traveled on regular passenger flights to international destinations.
In April 2012, Bulgarian national carrier Bulgaria Air registered a year-on-year increase of 13%.
As regards international air carriers, Turkish Airlines, NIKI, Austrian Airlines, LOT and Alitalia reported the largest growths.
In April 2012, the number of domestic flights remained stable, after Varna Airport renewed the servicing of flights and passengers in the beginning of March.
In April 2012, a total of 16 437 passengers flew to major Bulgarian cities on the Black Sea coast, down by 4% from the same month in 2011.
The number of organized tourists who took charter flights to and from Sofia Airport went up by 40% to a total of 4659.
A total of 3652 airplanes departed and landed at Sofia Airport in April 2012, down by 5.7% from April 2011.
A decrease was registered in the number of flights flights to both domestic and international destinations, while the number of tourist charter flights went up by 43%.
An increase was also registered in business aviation.
In April 2012, Sofia Airport processed 1282 tons of freight and postal shipments, up by 2.2% from April 2011, while air shipments carried on specialized cargo aircraft went up by 11%.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria fails to achieve Good Placement in Sustainable Tourism Ranking
- » Bulgaria: Burgas ranks as the Twentieth-Best City for a Scenic Drive
- » In April: Bulgarians Traveled the most to Neighboring Countries
- » Bulgaria: No more Dogs on the Beach in Varna
- » Summer Holiday in Bulgaria: Visitors can now Prepay Online for Umbrellas and Sunbeds on the Beach
- » Bulgaria expects 13 million Foreign Tourists in 2023