Bill Gates May Help 500 More Bulgarian Libraries
Some 500 more libraries may be included in the Global Libraries Bulgaria project, Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev announced after meeting with Bill Gates in the US.
The program has already helped 960 libraries in 895 Bulgarian communities, 71% of them based in villages. The computers in many of these libraries are said to be used for EU fund project applications and job applications.
"The project ends in 2013, but what we discussed today – and what we are sure that we can achieve – is carrying out a new phase of the Global Libraries Bulgaria project," Rosen Plevneliev told reporters. He revealed that 500 Bulgarian libraries could be included in the project.
The Bulgarian President deemed the Global Libraries project to be extremely successful for his country.
The Global Libraries programs, funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, aim to improve people's lives by increasing public access to information, equipping public libraries with computers and training librarians.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 134 Newly Registered Cases, 13343 Total
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 195 Newly Registered Cases in 5837 PCR Tests
- » Plane Crashes While Landing in Kerala, India
- » Bulgaria: State of Emergancy Declared in Harmanli, Haskovo, Dimitrovgrad and Topolovgrad, Part of Maritsa Motorway is Closed
- » For the First Time in Four Years Endangered Tigers Have Been Spotted in Thailand
- » Ophthalmologist from Bulgaria Has Been Nominated for the Most Beloved Doctor in Austria