Bulgaria Expects Interpol Arrest Warrant for Infamous Mobster Pair
Interpol is to issue a Red Notice for the arrest of notorious Bulgarian gangsters Angel Hristov and Plamen Galev aka the "Galevi brothers", according to a Bulgarian police official.
Interpol's Red Notice for Hristov and Galev is to be issued "any time now", Kalin Georgiev, Chief Secretary of Bulgaria's Interior Ministry stated on Tuesday.
Georgiev told the Bulgarian National Television that he hoped the mobster pair's fate would be similar to that of Hristoforos Amanatidis, aka Taki, an alleged drug overlord that was detained in Dubai at the end of last week.
Angel Hristov and Plamen Galev aka the "Galevi brothers" disappeared at the beginning of last week after the Bulgarian Supreme Court of Cassation finally confirmed their organized crime sentences last week, and the two were supposed to be sent to jail for 5 and 4 years respectively.
On May 9, Galev and Hristov were issued a nationwide search warrant amidst reports they fled abroad with a huge stash of money and strong criticism on the part of the European Commission.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Begging and Prostitution are No Longer Crimes in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 1-year-old Child is in Coma after being Beaten in Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison