EU Condemns Bid to Kidnap Bulgarian Envoy to Yemen
EU's Foreign Affairs High Representative Catherine Ashton has condemned the recent attempt to kidnap Bulgaria's Ambassador to Yemen, Boris Borisov.
Ashton, "condemns the attack in Sanaa on May 12 that injured the Bulgarian Ambassador to Yemen, Boris Genadiev Borisov, and expresses the sincere solidarity of the European Union," a statement has said.
"The High Representative calls on the Yemeni authorities to take the necessary measures to ensure the protection of foreign nationals and diplomats and do the utmost to investigate the incident," she added, pointing out that the incident shows the fragile security situation in the country.
On Saturday, Boris Borisov was slightly injured after masked gunmen opened fire at his vehicle in an attempt to kidnap him.
Bulgaria's Foreign Ministry has already condemned the incident.
"We expect the Yemeni authorities to take urgent steps to identify the perpetrators of this outrage, and to prevent the occurrence of such incidents in future. The political and tribal divisions in Yemen should be resolved through political dialogue and not through violence," Bulgarian Foreign Minister Nikolay Mladenov declared in a statement on Sunday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia has Expelled another Bulgarian Diplomat
- » Russian Ambassador in Bulgaria: Neo-Nazism is Rising in a Number of European Countries
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister sees a Last Chance to Save Relations with Bulgaria
- » MFA: The Bulgarian Honorary Consul has not been Abducted in Melitopol, Ukraine
- » Russian Ambassador to Bulgaria: Arms Supplies to Ukraine will complicate the Dialogue between our Countries
- » Russia Expelled more Bulgarian Diplomats