Bulgarian Middle East Embassies Placed on Security Alert
All Bulgarian Embassies in the Middle East have been placed on security alert in the aftermath of the kidnap attempt on the country's Ambassador to Yemen.
The news was reported Sunday by Bulgaria's Foreign Affairs Minister, Nikolay Mladenov, speaking for the Bulgarian National Radio.
The Embassy in the Yemeni capital Sana will be closed for citizens and would not issue visas in the next few days, but will continue all other normal functions until the situation becomes fully clear.
Mladenov further informed that he expected an emergency trip of the diplomat back home to undergo medical tests and treatment.
The Minister stressed the close relations between Bulgaria and Yemen.
"We have Bulgarian people in all sectors of society. We have doctors, we have engineers. We have people who support the opposition and others who support the government," said Mladenov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia has Expelled another Bulgarian Diplomat
- » Russian Ambassador in Bulgaria: Neo-Nazism is Rising in a Number of European Countries
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister sees a Last Chance to Save Relations with Bulgaria
- » MFA: The Bulgarian Honorary Consul has not been Abducted in Melitopol, Ukraine
- » Russian Ambassador to Bulgaria: Arms Supplies to Ukraine will complicate the Dialogue between our Countries
- » Russia Expelled more Bulgarian Diplomats