Popular Bulgarian Pop Singer Katya Filipova Dies at 63
The popular Bulgarian pop singer, Katya Filipova, passed away Sunday at the age of 63 from pulmonary embolism.
The news was reported by the Bulgarian National Radio.
Ironically enough, Filipova, who was considered one of Bulgaria greatest voices, died on her birthday.
Some of her songs such as "Unforgettable," "Good Acquaintances," and "Good Evening," have been real hits for many years.
The funeral service is scheduled for Wednesday at 12 noon at the "Saint Paraskeva" church in the capital Sofia.
- » 'The Real Super Mario' Dies Aged 84
- » Dimitar Petrov, the Director of Beloved Bulgarian Films has Passed Away
- » Charles Aznavour, French Singing Star, Dies at 94
- » Burt Reynolds: Hollywood Star Dies at 82
- » Former UN Chief Kofi Annan Dies at 80
- » Stephen Ditko, co-creator of Spider-Man and Doctor Strange, Dead at 90