Top Bulgarian Diplomat Shocked by Yemen Attack on Envoy
Bulgaria's Foreign Affairs Minister, Nikolay Mladenov, has issued an official statement in connection with the kidnap attempt of the country's Ambassador to Yemen.
The reaction came in the aftermath of reports that Boris Borisov, who is the Charge d'Affaires in Yemen, has been slightly injured after masked gunmen opened fire at his vehicle in an attempt to kidnap him.
In the statement, Mladenov declares that he is shocked and utterly outraged by the violence against the Bulgarian Ambassador in Sana.
"Attacks on diplomats are against the basic principles of international relations. In the case of Mr. Borisov we are also talking about a sincere friend of the Yemeni people, who for years worked not only in the interests of Bulgarian citizens in Yemen, but to help the transition process in the country. I am glad that Ambassador Borisov is in good health, and he will be called in Sofia very soon for further medical examinations. I expect from the Yemeni authorities to take urgent measures to find the perpetrators of this outrage and to prevent such incidents in future. Political and tribal controversies in the country should be resolved by means of political dialogue and not through violence," says Mladenov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Our Position on North Macedonia will Not Change
- » Russia has Expelled another Bulgarian Diplomat
- » Russian Ambassador in Bulgaria: Neo-Nazism is Rising in a Number of European Countries
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister sees a Last Chance to Save Relations with Bulgaria
- » MFA: The Bulgarian Honorary Consul has not been Abducted in Melitopol, Ukraine
- » Russian Ambassador to Bulgaria: Arms Supplies to Ukraine will complicate the Dialogue between our Countries