Soviet Army Monument Painted in Bulgarian National Colors
The monument of the Soviet Army in downtown Bulgarian capital Sofia "woke up" Tuesday morning painted once again, this time in the colors of the country's national flag – white, green and red.
Elements and parts of the monument were spray- and brush-painted in the three colors in the eve of the Day of Europe and the Day marking the End of World War II.
The City Hall has been notified about the incident in the wee hours and immediately dispatched a cleaning company to remove the paint. Employees of the company have been spotted in the morning cleaning the bas-reliefs of the monuments with gasoline.
In June 2011, a group of street artists painted the bronze figures of Soviet soldiers to represent various US pop culture characters, turning them into The Joker, Wolverine, Santa, Superman, Ronald McDonald, Captain America, Robin, and Wonder Woman, among others.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Assoc. Prof. Kunchev: The Fourth Dose of COVID-19 Vaccine is Not Effective
- » Bulgarian Carbonated Drinks among the Lowest by Calories in Europe
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 153 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Ukraine Won this year's Eurovision Song Contest
- » The Center of Sofia will be Blocked on Sunday
- » A Bus with Ukrainian Citizens caught Fire in Bulgaria