Bulgarian Police Bust 'Dangerous' Armed Robbery Gang
Bulgarian police have arrested overnight seven people during an attempt to rob at gunpoint a pawn shop in the capital Sofia "Suhata Reka" district.
Another person had been arrested later bringing the total of the detainees in the special police operation, codenamed "The Dangerous" to eight – among them one woman, one policeman, and one employee of the Ministry of Defense.
The alleged ringleader, Varban Asenov Borisov, 31, is still at large and wanted. He has a long rap sheet, mainly for armed robberies.
Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister, Tsvetan Tsvetanov, told the media Sunday that the group had been followed constantly in the last 20 days and all criminal activities have been documented. According to Tsvetanov, most of the members of the gang have criminal records for armed robberies, during some of which people have been harmed.
The Minister further informed that the police raids of two addresses in the capital and in the western city of Pernik yielded two "Kalashnikov" automatic guns, two handguns, a rifle, a gas pistol, ammunitions, gold, cash and illegal drugs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Europol Discovered an International Criminal Group for Financial Fraud Operating in Bulgaria
- » 1 Tonne of Cocaine destined for Bulgaria was seized in Colombia
- » Bulgarian Prosecution accuses GDFOC of Unprecedented Pressure on the “Hemus” Investigation
- » Double Homicide in Varna
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria