Qatari Minister: Bulgaria Is Attractive Transit Country
Bulgaria is an attractive investment destination for Qatar, which views it as a transit trade country, according to Dr. Khalid Bin Mohammad Al Attiyah, Qatari Minister of State for Foreign Affairs.
Dr. Khalid Bin Mohammad Al Attiyah was on a state visit in Sofia Friday, and was welcomed by Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
"We are here with serious intentions to follow up on what we agreed upon during our meetings in Qatar in March of this year," the Qatari Minister of State for Foreign Affairs told Borisov, as cited by the government press service.
The press office in Sofia further said the Bulgarian Cabinet and the authorities of Qatar have agreed on cooperation in agriculture, healthcare, and culture.
All cooperation opportunities are said to be discussed further during the upcoming visit to Bulgaria in May by His Excellency Sheikh Hamad Bin Jassim Bin Jabr Al-Thani, Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Qatar.
"I believe that all commitments for cooperation of our states will be honored," Dr. Khalid Bin Mohammad Al Attiyah said in Sofia.
Bulgaria has been having great expectations for investments from the wealthy Arab Gulf states such as Qatar but those have failed to materialize for the time being.
The visit of Bulgarian Prime Minister Borisov's delegation in Qatar in March 2012 ended up with a scandal when not a single Qatari firm showed up at what was supposed to be a bilateral business forum. The forum's fiasco cost the job of ex Bulgarian Economy Minister Traicho Traikov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia has Summoned Bulgaria’s Ambassador due to the Expelled Priests
- » Vice-President Yotova: Bulgaria is Fully Behind Albania's European Future
- » Russia’s Ambassador: Bulgaria is Rewriting its History
- » Turkey’s Ambassador: The Investments of Turkish companies in Bulgaria reach 2.5 billion euros
- » Ambassador Raykov: British authorities have officially confirmed that the 3 Bulgarians are in Prison
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to the UK: The Embassy was Not Informed about the Detention of our Citizens