400 Tons of Municipal Solid Waste Burn Down in Northwestern Bulgaria
Some 400 tons of municipal solid waste have burned down in a major fire at an open separate waste collection site in the northwestern city of Vratsa.
The tip-off for the fire was given a little after 7 p.m. on Wednesday.
Nearly all of the available firefighting equipment was dispatched to the site, including three fire trucks and several water tanks.
The fire has been extinguished.
Air-quality testing has not indicated any threat for the local population.
Investigators have yet to determine the cause of the fire.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: "Sofia Pride 2023" will be held on June 17
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 81 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny in the East with Rain Showers in the West
- » Today Bulgarians honor Hristo Botev and the Heroes who Died for Freedom - Sirens to be Sound at Noon
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 77 New Cases
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny, Rain expected in the Afternoon