400 Tons of Municipal Solid Waste Burn Down in Northwestern Bulgaria
Some 400 tons of municipal solid waste have burned down in a major fire at an open separate waste collection site in the northwestern city of Vratsa.
The tip-off for the fire was given a little after 7 p.m. on Wednesday.
Nearly all of the available firefighting equipment was dispatched to the site, including three fire trucks and several water tanks.
The fire has been extinguished.
Air-quality testing has not indicated any threat for the local population.
Investigators have yet to determine the cause of the fire.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » On June 1: Traveling by Train in Bulgaria will be Free for Children
- » Bulgaria: Health Minister to drop the Mandatory Isolation and Quarantine for People Sick with COVID-19
- » Bulgaria: New Rules for Electric Scooters in Sofia - Fines up to 25 EUR
- » Bulgarian author and “Booker” winner Georgi Gospodinov will be a guest at the Sofia Book Fair
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 100 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: More Sun and Less Rain on the Last Day of May