Bulgaria Seeks Investor for Romania-Turkey Road
Bulgaria will seek public-private partnership for the construction of the Ruse-Veliko Tarnovo-Svilengrad-Istanbul toll road, according to Regional Development Minister Lilyana Pavlova.
In a Thursday interview for private TV station bTV, she said that this would allow a faster connection of the Bosphorus with the Danube Bridge through European Transport Corridor #9.
The Regional Development Minister specified that the project for the construction of the 300km stretch was expected to attract investors from China, Qatar and Oman.
She said that the investor would build the section and then collect fees, which, according to preliminary estimations, would amount to BGN 10-15.
Pavlova noted that there was a highway connecting Istanbul and the southern Bulgarian village of Kapitan Andreevo.
She drew attention to the fact that the route along the Black Sea coast was not particularly busy and the interest in the highway connecting the coastal cities of Varna and Burgas was weak.
Pavlova clarified that the idea was to circumvent the town of Byala in north-eastern Bulgaria, where a major portion of the traffic accidents occurred.
The Regional Development Minister estimated that the preparation of the paperwork could take as long as a year, plus another six months for the tender process and around 2 years for the construction.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend