Bulgarian Court Orders Permanent Detention for British Pedophile
A Bulgarian court has ordered permanent detention of a 63-year-old alleged British pedophile who was nabbed in Bulgaria on Sunday.
The man is suspected of sexually abusing two Roma brothers aged 10 and 11. The children's family allegedly knew of the Brit's doings and received financial support from him.
If proven guilty, the suspect faces between 3 and 12 years behind bars. It is still unknown whether the man participated in a pedophile network.
The 63-year-old Brit named Bill Reynough was detained in the central Bulgarian city of Veliko Tarnovo, with one of the children at his home. The children's family lives in the nearby town of Pavlikeni.
The regional court in Veliko Tarnovo ruled Wednesday that there is sufficient evidence to assume that Reynough committed the crime he is suspected of, which is why it ordered his permanent detention.
Reynough's court-appointed lawyer Stancho Lazarov had asked for a house arrest citing the Brit's bad health, and the fact that he is cooperating with the investigators. Lazarov also said Reynough made confessions but denied any accusations of using force. The court is set to notify Bulgaria's Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Young Man was Found Dead in the center of Varna, a Murder has been Confirmed
- » Bulgarian Ruja Ignatova is in the Top 10 of the FBI's Most Wanted
- » After the First 13 - Three more Illegally Buried Bodies found near Bankya
- » Teenagers Attacked and Robbed a Postal Worker in Parvomai
- » Bulgaria: 16 Arrested in Smolyan region - Most of them were British Citizens
- » A Suspect of Terrorism has been Detained in Bulgaria at the Request of Norway