HIV-Infected Bulgarian Prostitute Found in Greece
A HIV positive Bulgarian prostitute has been detected in downtown Athens, according to Bulgarian media.
The Bulgarian, as well as two Greek prostitutes, was found to be HIV positive during Greek Center for Disease Control and Prevention searches in Athens brothels, the Bulgarian 24 Chasa daily says.
Greek Health Minister Andreas Loverdos has reassured that "every brothel will be examined" in a public statement he made in light of the discouraging findings, according to The Greek Reporter.
"Unfortunately my predictions were confirmed. I had warned that AIDS is dramatically increasing in our country and a part of the problem is located in illegal immigration and illegal prostitution," Loverdos has commented.
A scandal erupted recently in Greece after 22-year-old Russian prostitute Tatiana Bukhtoyarova was discovered to be carrying the infectious disease. The Russian has stated that she was unaware of her HIV infection prior to her arrest.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 81 Illegal Migrants were Detained in Bulgaria in One Day
- » Bulgaria: Mass Poisoning of Dogs and Cats in a Plovdiv village
- » Three People have been Detained in Bulgaria for Illegal Funding from the EU
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed