Bulgarian PM Boasts about Building 'Life-Changing Highways'
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has reiterated his satisfaction with the ongoing construction of highways in his country.
"The construction of the "Trakiya" and "Maritsa" highways is being carried out within the planned deadlines. I am optimistic and I am convinced the lives of Bulgarians will be changed within two years," Borisov declared.
On Saturday, Borisov and Regional Development Minister Lilyana Pavlova inspected the two highways.
Over 500 machines are currently working on the construction of the two highways, the Prime Minister has pointed out, as cited by his press office.
Borisov said that Bulgaria will have a highway connecting its second largest city of Plovdiv to Turkey, as well as highways connecting the capital Sofia to the Black Sea and the Aegean Sea.
Bulgaria's first major highway, "Trakiya", linking Sofia to the Black Sea coast at Burgas is to be launched on July 1, 2012, it was recently announced.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend