Bulgaria, Greece 'Swap' Record Number of Tourists for Easter
A record number of Bulgarians and Greeks have visited each others' countries during the Eastern Orthodox Easter holidays over the past weekend, border police data indicates.
Some 65 000 Bulgarians went to Greece during the four-day Easter holiday, while almost just as many Greeks – about 58 000 – spent their brief Easter vacation in Bulgaria.
According to Lora Lyubenova, spokesperson of the Bulgarian Border Police, a total of 220 000 persons and 77 600 cars crossed the Bulgarian-Greek border through the five operational crossings in both directions during the Easter holidays.
More than half of the traffic – 145 000 persons and 48 000 vehicles - was through the large Bulgarian-Greek border crossing at Kulata-Promachonas.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Airports in Burgas and Varna reported over 800,000 Passengers in August
- » This year Trips From and To Bulgaria are Increasing compared to July 2022
- » Wizz Air reached 25 million Passengers in Bulgaria
- » Feces in the Sea: Up to 41 times above the norm is the Pollution on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Chinese Tourists are Returning to Bulgaria and 70 other countries
- » Great Britain is among the Most Popular Destinations for Bulgarians this Summer