Afghan Soldier Dead After Attacking Bulgaria NATO Rangers
An Afghan soldier opened fire Monday upon Bulgarian NATO soldiers serving in Afghanistan, upon which he was killed by them.
The lone attacker shot on Bulgarian servicemen from a watchtower of in Kandahar, while they were moving from the Hero to the Lindsey base, accorging to an Afghan Army spokesperson.
The Bulgarians returned the fire, killing the attacker, with no one of them being hurt.
According to Afghanistan Army sources, the soldier was from the northern province of Takhar.
Sources from the ISAF forces in Afghanistan led by NATO have confirmed the tragic incident.
"No NATO soldiers have been killed," said NATO spokesperson Jason Wagoner, without giving further information.
"All safety measures regarding the level of risk have been taken," stated the Bulgarian Ministry of Defense.
Bulgarian Lieutenant-General Atanas Samandov, commander of the Bulgarian forces in Afghanistan, has confirmed that all soldiers are safe and sound.
Gen Samandov further commented that the lone attacker might have been a part of the recent Taliban upsurge in Afghanistan.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Another 1,000 US Troops to be Send to Poland
- » US Troops to be Send to Bulgaria and Romania
- » Terrorist Attack Was Prevented in Russia
- » US Military Helicopters Will Fly Over Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Army Reaches the Highest Level of Confidence in a Decade
- » Bulgarian Defence Minister Karakachanov: There Is No Delay for the New F-16 Due to the Coronavirus crisis