Mastermind of Bulgarian Armored Truck Heist Based in Greece - Report
The five masked men, who robbed this week an armored truck in central Bulgaria, stealing at least BGN 2 M, have entered neighboring Greece the very same night, police said.
It is likely that the mastermind of the scheme, as well as the end destination in the escape route of the criminals is located in Thessaloniki and its surroundings, policemen say.
According to them the criminals may already be in the city, spending away the stolen money.
The brazen robbery took place overnight on Wednesday on the road between the town of Sevlievo and the city of Gabrovo in central Bulgaria.
The armored vehicle which was carrying a huge amount of money, allegedly at least BGN 2 M, had been stopped by an SUV or a minivan, with foreign license plates, which hit it head-on. The five heavily-armed individuals cut the armor with special tools, took the money, set the vehicle on fire and fled in several SUVs.
According to unconfirmed reports, there have been gunshots on the scene. The security guards of the armored vehicle, which had been transporting money from several local businesses, are in shock.
The TV channel bTV informed that the robbers were dressed in police uniforms.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Police detained 43 Illegal Migrants in Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Massive Special Police Operation in Sofia (UPDATED)
- » Representative of Bulgaria’s Ministry of the Interior will be allowed by South Africa to the Investigation into “Karo’s” Murder
- » Europol: 28 Arrested for Smuggling Migrants via Bulgaria and Romania
- » A Security Expert pointed out that Kamenov's Murder was Not Typical of the Bulgarian Crime World
- » Wanted by Interpol Bulgarian Krasimir Kamenov-Karo was Murdered in South Africa