Bulgarian Capital to Launch New Metro Section ahead of Schedule
The subway section between the Tsarigradsko Shose Blvd and the Mladost residential district will be opened ahead of schedule in 15 days, according to Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova.
Starting April 25, Sofianites will be able to get from the Obelya district to Tsarigradsko Shose via subway.
"The launch of the stretch had been scheduled for May but the contractor finished work on the site earlier," Fandakova said Tuesday while inspecting the future metro station of the second metro diameter on the Maria Louiza Blvd.
She told journalists that the stretch connecting the Mladost 3 district and the Tsarigradsko Shose Blvd was 2.2km long and included two metro stations and a 1300-space car park.
The first subway car was tested on the new stretch on Monday.
The metro line connecting the Nadezhda and Hladilnika residential districts is to be launched in October.
- » Bulgaria's Walltopia Climbs to New Heights with Verenia CPQ Solutions
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister: Maritsa Iztok-2 TPP will Get Money to Pay Carbon Emission Quota
- » UniCredit Bulbank and Allianz Sign a Partnership Agreement in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Plovdiv to Host Annual Business Forum “Industry 4.0”
- » Bulgarian Regulator Suspends License of Spanish Brokerage Company
- » Bulgarian Minister: Tourism Revenue for June and July Alone is EUR 1.2 billion, 8.1% Growth