Bulgarian Capital to Launch New Metro Section ahead of Schedule
The subway section between the Tsarigradsko Shose Blvd and the Mladost residential district will be opened ahead of schedule in 15 days, according to Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova.
Starting April 25, Sofianites will be able to get from the Obelya district to Tsarigradsko Shose via subway.
"The launch of the stretch had been scheduled for May but the contractor finished work on the site earlier," Fandakova said Tuesday while inspecting the future metro station of the second metro diameter on the Maria Louiza Blvd.
She told journalists that the stretch connecting the Mladost 3 district and the Tsarigradsko Shose Blvd was 2.2km long and included two metro stations and a 1300-space car park.
The first subway car was tested on the new stretch on Monday.
The metro line connecting the Nadezhda and Hladilnika residential districts is to be launched in October.
- » Russia Wants Long-Term Bulgarian Tourist Visas
- » Annual Inflation in January 2019 Compared to January 2018 Was 3.0%
- » BSMEPA and Sofia Tech Park - Partners in Support of the Bulgarian Business
- » BSMEPA will Support the Printing Industry in Bulgaria
- » 31 Bulgarian Companies go to the International Food and Drink Exhibition GULFOOD 2019 in Dubai with the Support of BSMEPA
- » State Synergy to Support the Presentation of Bulgarian Goods and Services in China