Bulgarian Posts - Cheap for Europeans, Costly for Bulgarians
Bulgaria holds the dubious honor of having the highest prices of postage in Europe when compared to the relative purchasing power of the population, a BBC survey has shown.
Posting a letter in Bulgaria only costs BGN 0.85 (USD 0.68) but to most Bulgarians, that's a lot, BBC has commented as it compared the price of postage in different European countries.
In the BBC's survey of 65 countries around the world, Bulgaria's postage price ranks third when adjusted to reflect the local cost of living.
If the local price is converted into dollars, the UK is the fifth most expensive in Europe. The 60p it will soon cost for a first class stamp is USD 0.96, behind Finland, Switzerland, Denmark and, in first place, Norway - where a comparable stamp costs USD 1.67 (9.5 Kroner).
If you adjust for the relative purchasing power of the different countries, the UK is in seventh place among European countries. Ahead of it are Denmark in sixth place, Norway in fifth, then Poland, Latvia, Slovakia and, in the top spot, Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Ministry of Environment Slaps Stiff Fines on Polluting Mayors
- » UK Government Mulls Full Closure of Country’s Borders
- » Brazil Oxygen Supplies Running Short amid Second Covid Wave
- » Israel Sets Record High Vaccinations in a Day
- » Bulgarian Virologist: Novel Strain of Covid-19 Attacks Younger People Too
- » European Commission Proposes Mapping Coronavirus Occurrence Rate in Member States