FinMin: Bulgaria Could Use Fuel Reserve to Tame Prices
During a visit to Haskovo Saturday, Djankov opposed an idea voiced by cabinet colleague, new Minister of Economy and Energy Delyan Dobrev, who had suggested that Bulgaria could lift the requirement of a biofuel component to alleviate the costs of producers.
"The biofuel component is a requirement of the EU and there is no way we can give it up," said Djankov.
The Minister of Finance also dismissed any options for decreasing the excise tax on fuels.
"We cannot drop the excise tax, not even for a minute, for as things stand now we are close to the minimum for the EU," explained he,
"The best option couuld be opening of the state reserve, which would tame fuel prices for some weeks," stated Djankov.
However he clarified that his can happen only if coordinated with the entire European Union, and will have only a temporary effect.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Almost the Entire Management of "Bulgargaz" has been Replaced
- » North Macedonia to Introduce Electricity Saving Measures
- » The Price of Gas in Germany will Increase by about 2.5 Euro cents
- » Bulgaria’s Energy Minister: A Decision on Negotiations with "Gazprom" can be Expected in a Week At the Earliest
- » Mayor Fandakova: The Heating Season for Sofia Residents will be Ensured
- » Germany to Reduce Heating in Public Buildings to 19 Degrees