French Interior Warn of New 'Serial Killer' ahead of Elections
Security levels have been raised in a number of areas in French capital Paris, after police announced what they called suspicions of a new serial killer.
Friday an Algerian immigrant woman was shot in a hit and run attack by a scooter rider in a Paris suburb.
This has been the fourth of a string of murders since November 2012 that the police say were carried out by one and the same weapon.
The possibility that France faces a new serial killer must not be dismissed, stated French Minister of Interior Claude Gueant Saturday.
March France was shaken by the tragic events in Toulouse, where a Algerian immigrant Mohammed Merah, 23, killed three French soldiers, as well as three pupils and a rabbi at a local Jewish school.
Soon after the events, opinion polls revealed that French President Nicolas Sarkozy, who hopes to be re-elected for another term on presidential elections April 22 / May 6, has caught up with his main opponent, Socialist candidate Francois Hollande.
Saturday French Minister of Interior Claude Gueant also warned that there are Islamist groups functioning in France that are willing to avenge the death of Mohammed Merah.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Boris Johnson: No Masks and COVID Certificates from Next Week
- » The White House: Russia could Launch an Invasion of Ukraine at any time
- » Erdogan invites Leaders of Russia and Ukraine to Talks in Turkey
- » Roberta Metsola Elected as President of the EP on her Birthday
- » Indonesia is Moving its Capital
- » Ukrainian MP at the EP: Any Arms Embargo against Ukraine must Fall