US Jet Crashed in Virginia Due to Technical Failure
The most probable reason for the jet crash of a US Navy F-18D Superhornet into a Virginia Beach residential building is technical failure.
This has been reported Saturday by the CNN, quoting US Navy spokesperson Mark Weisgerber.
"During the flight the pilot took the decision for emergency discharge of fuel, which is one of the indicators for technical failure in the craft," said Weisgerber.
At least seven people, including the two crew members of the jet, have been hospitalized as a result of the heavy incident.
Fortunately, medics have said they expect all injured, including the crew, to survive.
Some of the residents of the buildings onto which the F-18D crashed are still considered missing, reported the local press.
The Superhornet was executing a training flight from the Ocean air base, when it suddenly lost height and collided into a residential building in nearby Virginia Beach.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria fails to achieve Good Placement in Sustainable Tourism Ranking
- » Bulgaria: Burgas ranks as the Twentieth-Best City for a Scenic Drive
- » In April: Bulgarians Traveled the most to Neighboring Countries
- » The Price of Gas in Europe fell to a two-year Low
- » Maxim Behar - "Best PR Professional in the World" at the IPRCCA International Awards
- » The Trade Promotion Europe Annual Conference was held in Brussels