Asylum Is Fate Worse Than Death, Breivik Says
Norwegian mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik has described the psychiatric report that concluded he suffers from paranoid schizophrenia is wrong.
"I received access to the full report around December 12 and I immediately started reading the 243-page document. I was terrified, to say the least, over what was represented as my own explanation, namely what was presented as the content of the thirteen conversations with the psychiatrists," Breivik has written in a 38-page letter he sent to Norwegian tabloid Verdens Gang.
In his letter, Breivik has described himself as a "political activist."
"To send a political activist to an asylum is more sadistic and more evil than killing him!" he wrote.
Breivik's trial is expected to start on 16 April and his lawyers say he wants to be tried as sane, BBC reminds. He is charged with committing acts of terrorism.
The 33-year-old right-wing extremist has been in custody since the 22 July attacks in Oslo and at a youth camp on the island of Utoeya, in which he shocked the world by killing 77 people, mostly teenagers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Initial Data after the Introduction of the Euro in Croatia: Inflation is Slowing Down
- » Day 345 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Speculations about a Peace Plan and an End to the War
- » The January "Jump" in Prices in Croatia Turned Out to be 0.2%
- » The US and Canada are Tracking Suspected Chinese Surveillance Balloons
- » The European Commission will return the Monitoring of the Rule of Law in Bulgaria
- » Lavrov: Moldova could be the next Ukraine