Aston Villa, Celtic May Play Petrov Tribute Match
Aston Villa may play Celtic in a friendly match in a tribute to Villa captain Stilyan Petrov, who was shockingly diagnosed with acute leukemia last week.
"Due to the overwhelming support and emotion shown here and at Celtic Park, we support the idea of a pre-season tribute match at Villa Park," a Villa fans' statement has said.
"Money from the fixture could be raised for a leukaemia charity of Stan's choice."
One fan had the idea of making the ticket price GBP 19 in tribute to Petrov's shirt number.
Petrov spent seven years with the Scottish giants and was a prior to his move to the Midlands in 2006. The 32-year old Bulgarian international is a fan favorite at both Villa Park and Celtic.
Numerous football players, officials and fans across Bulgaria and Europe have shown their support for the captain of Bulgaria's national team.
Petrov started treatment for acute leukaemia at a London hospital on Monday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Biggest Horse Racing Countries in Europe
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside
- » For the First Time: Bulgarian Baseball Player with a Professional Contract in the USA
- » Here is How to Download the Betway Mobile apps for Android and iOS for Bulgaria
- » Four Betway bonuses that made this brand among the best in Bulgaria