Over 70% of Bulgarians Live in Urban Areas
About 71% of all Bulgarians live in cities and towns, according to data of the National Statistics Institute, NSI.
5.3 million Bulgarians, of whom 2.5 million men and 2.7 million women reside in urban areas. The rest – about 2.1 million of whom 1 048 million men and 1 081 million women live in villages.
The NSI data further show that in 2010 about 103 000 people relocated to cities and towns while only 47 000 moved to rural areas.
- » An Explosion in a Russian Lab that Stores Deadly Viruses Like Smallpox, HIV and Ebola
- » 3rd Day of International Sofia Urban Zone
- » The Bulgarian Economy Restructured Successfully after the Global Economic Crisis in 2009
- » Тhis Summer Was the Hottest on Record in the Northern Hemisphere
- » Passenger Train Derails in Hong Kong during a Rush Hour, There Are Injured
- » Neno Dimov: Less than 3% of the Imported Waste in 2018 Is Burned in TPPs