Over 70% of Bulgarians Live in Urban Areas
About 71% of all Bulgarians live in cities and towns, according to data of the National Statistics Institute, NSI.
5.3 million Bulgarians, of whom 2.5 million men and 2.7 million women reside in urban areas. The rest – about 2.1 million of whom 1 048 million men and 1 081 million women live in villages.
The NSI data further show that in 2010 about 103 000 people relocated to cities and towns while only 47 000 moved to rural areas.
- » National Employment Agency: The Unemployment Rate in Bulgaria Remains at Record Low Level
- » The Iconic Designer Luigi Colani Dies at 91
- » New Mobile App Collects Reports for Incorrect and Good Employers
- » Thousands Attended the Gay Parade in Belgrade
- » The New School Year Begins Today
- » It will be Sunny Today, with Scattered High Clouds Around Midday