Bulgaria to Scrap Belene NPP - Report
Bulgaria will officially cancel the Belene Nuclear Power Plant project on Wednesday, according to a report.
"Prime Minister Borisov called me at 12:20 today and told me that the Belene NPP project is canceled," journalist Ivo Indzhev wrote in his blog on Wednesday.
Bulgaria keeps holding its breath because it is anticipated that Prime Minister Boyko Borisov will inform Wednesday the members of the Cabinet about the content of the conversation during the regularly scheduled Council of Ministers meeting.
It is also expected that the PM will apprise the Parliamentary Economy Committee later during the day, but this talk will be held behind closed doors.
The PM declined appearing in the Parliament for a hearing on the fate of the project.
Ivo Indzhev is one of the most respected Bulgarian journalists with a long career both as correspondent and editor-in-chief. He had also worked as commentator for Radio Free Europe.
In 2000-2006, Indzhev was the anchor of a popular political talk show on the largest private TV channel in Bulgaria, bTV. Allegedly, he was fired for asking President Georgi Parvanov, who was running for reelection at the time, whether the latter received an apartment from another politician as a present. Subsequently, he has been active with his blog ivo.bg.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria has Paid almost 400 Million Euros for the Import of Azeri Gas
- » Bulgaria approved a Derogation for the Purchase of Parts and Materials for the Kozloduy NPP from Russia
- » Bulgaria has Managed to Reduce Gas Demand by a record 24%
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Cheaper Gas for April and May
- » The State Oil Company of Azerbaijan will Open an Office in Bulgaria in May
- » Bulgaria’s Energy Minister: I changed the Management of Kozloduy NPP because of Potential Connections with Russia