Bulgaria's Plevneliev 'Proclaims' Vaclav Klaus President of Poland
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev's first welcome of a foreign head of state – Czech Republic's President Vaclav Klaus – featured an embarrassing gaffe.
Addressing the Czech state delegation led by Klaus in Sofia, the former construction entrepreneur, and currently President of Bulgaria, mistakenly welcomed the guests "from Poland".
"Dear Mr. President, dear ladies and gentlemen from Poland...", Plevneliev started his speech, as cited by Blitz.
However, he realized his mistake immediately, and corrected himself, "Ladies and gentlemen from the Czech Republic... I am sorry, I am sorry, once again, I am sorry."
Luckily, the Czech delegation accepted Plevneliev's mix-up with a smile.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » At a Bilateral Meeting, Blinken and Lavrov Exchanged Threats and Hopes
- » World Leaders Bid their Farewell to Merkel
- » State Leaders from around the World Congratulated President Rumen Radev on his Re-Election
- » Macedonian Deputy Prime Minister: Bulgaria's Veto will Fall
- » President Radev met with the UN Under-Secretary-General
- » Barbados Became a Republic and Declared Rihanna a National Hero