Bulgaria's Plevneliev 'Proclaims' Vaclav Klaus President of Poland
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev's first welcome of a foreign head of state – Czech Republic's President Vaclav Klaus – featured an embarrassing gaffe.
Addressing the Czech state delegation led by Klaus in Sofia, the former construction entrepreneur, and currently President of Bulgaria, mistakenly welcomed the guests "from Poland".
"Dear Mr. President, dear ladies and gentlemen from Poland...", Plevneliev started his speech, as cited by Blitz.
However, he realized his mistake immediately, and corrected himself, "Ladies and gentlemen from the Czech Republic... I am sorry, I am sorry, once again, I am sorry."
Luckily, the Czech delegation accepted Plevneliev's mix-up with a smile.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Joe Biden Had Phone Talk with Vladimir Putin, Raised Some Sore Issues
- » Josep Borrell: European Perspective of North Macedonia Has No Alternative
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister to Take Part in EU Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels
- » German Ambassador to Skopje Takes Stand on Bulgaria and North Macedonia Dispute
- » Russian Diplomat Expelled from Albania for Breach of Anti-Epidemic Measures
- » New US President Will Take Tough Stand on Russia