Bulgarian Police Nab Illegal Betting Network
Bulgarian anti-mafia police have broken down a criminal network for illegal online betting, announced the Ministry of Interior Sunday.
The operation was organized by officers in the Computer Crimes, Intellectual Property and Gambling sector at the Organized Crime Directorate General.
It targeted an illegal bookmaker who hosted a system for accepting bets from sports events, issuing of coefficients, and payments of revenue from games.
According to police information, the network was in place and working since October 2011, with daily turnover from games sometimes reaching BGN 3,000-5,000.
The bookmaker apparently used attractive coefficients of a foreign gambling operator who did not have a permit to organize gambling events in Bulgaria.
Two flats have been searched during the police operation, with computers and phones seized. The network organizer has also been arrested for 24 hours.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 1-year-old Child is in Coma after being Beaten in Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison
- » A Woman's Body was found in Sofia Region