One Shot in Bulgaria Gangland War
A Bulgarian man with a hefty criminal record has been shot overnight in front of his apartment building in a southern district of capital Sofia.
Kiril Kirilov, aka Shkafa, was returning home in the Mladost-3 neighborhood together with his girlfriend, when attackers shot at him.
He apparently was shot in the leg while trying to run away, but attackers caught up with him and finished him off, according to eyewitness reports.
Kirilov was one of the first people to be arrested in the special police operation The Impudent 2 hitting upon an organized crime group specialized in abductions.
Kirilov is aged 38 and has a record of assault and battery, theft and escaper from jail.
The trial against the so-called "Impudent" group, accused of 11 abductions, was nearing its end, with sentences expected April 2.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ministry of Interior Will Investigate 14 Organ Transplant Surgeries in Lozenets Hospital
- » Belgian Army Deserter Nicknamed “Belgian Rambo” Found Dead after Month Search
- » Four Dead in Attack Against German Clinic
- » Bulgaria: Daring Robbery on Struma Highway in Pernik Region
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski