US Sergeant Charged with 17 Counts of Murder in Afghan Massacre
US staff sergeant Robert Bales has been charged with 17 counts of murder and six counts of attempted murder after his shocking rampage in two southern Afghanistan villages.
On March 11, Bales allegedly left his base in the early morning hours armed with a 9-millimeter pistol and an M-4 rifle, which was also outfitted as a grenade launcher.
He shot Afghan civilians, including women and nine children, while they slept in their beds, then burned some of the bodies.
The sergeant was informed of the charges against him at the military prison at Fort Leavenworth, Kan., where he's been held since March 16.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Bulgarian Socialists did not support the EP's decision on Аmmunition for Ukraine
- » 2023 Parliamentary Elections in Montenegro: Young Voters Will Decide the Elections
- » EU Commission announced 4 Criminal Procedures against Bulgaria
- » Eurozone Annual Inflation slows sharply in May to 6.1%
- » The Council of the EU approved the Istanbul Convention
- » "The Times": Bulgaria to help Rishi Sunak stop Illegal Immigration