Bulgarian Ballet Dancer Dies in Philadelphia after Hit-and-Run
Sofia-born ballet dancer Polina Kadiyska died Tuesday after being struck in a hit-and-run in the United States.
The 22-year-old girl, a a third-year student at the Rock School for Dance Education in South Philadelphia, was run down early on Sunday by a teenager who ran a red light, Bulgarian TV station bTV reported, citing US sources.
Deandre Barnes, 19, allegedly continued to drive after striking Kadiyska and hit three parked cars before fleeing on foot.
Kadiyska was taken to the Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in critical condition.
The girl died on Tuesday after being taken off life support.
Barnes was arrested on Sunday and was charged with aggravated assault and DUI.
- » Eurostat: EU Exports of Services to Countries outside of the EU Valued at €945 Billion
- » Boris Johnson is Preparing for Trade Talks with the US
- » Taj Mahal to be Cleaned for the First Time in 300 Years because of Donald Trump’s Visit
- » World's Oldest Man Dies at 112
- » Pakistan Adopted a Strict Law on the Control of Social Networks
- » "Mission Impossible" Movie Shoot Canceled due to the Coronavirus in Italy