Syrians in Bulgaria to Mark 1 Year of Anti-Assad Protests
The Syrian community in Bulgaria is set to mark the completion of the first year since the start of the bloody civil unrest against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's regime.
The protest rally against the bloodshed in Syria in the Bulgarian capital Sofia will take place between 11:30 am and 2 pm on Sunday, March 18, at the entrance of the Borisova Gradina Park.
The organizers have invited "all democratically thinking citizens of Bulgaria" to join their protest.
UN data estimate that at least 9 345 people have been killed in the violence in Syria but unofficial data puts the number at more than 30 000, including men, women, and children.
"Let us stand up against the acts of vengeance of the barbarian regime against our children. Children are angels and must not have such fates," reads the statement of the Syrian community in Bulgaria issued Saturday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia has Summoned Bulgaria’s Ambassador due to the Expelled Priests
- » Vice-President Yotova: Bulgaria is Fully Behind Albania's European Future
- » Russia’s Ambassador: Bulgaria is Rewriting its History
- » Turkey’s Ambassador: The Investments of Turkish companies in Bulgaria reach 2.5 billion euros
- » Ambassador Raykov: British authorities have officially confirmed that the 3 Bulgarians are in Prison
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to the UK: The Embassy was Not Informed about the Detention of our Citizens