Bulgarian Top Diplomat Barely Escapes Sacking
Foreign Affairs Minister, Nikolay Mladenov, has been on the brink of being dismissed after the fall start of the Bulgarian business forum in Qatar when not even one Qatari businessman showed up.
Mladenov had been all set to follow in the footsteps of Health Minister, Stefan Konstantinov, and Economy and Energy Minister, Traicho Traikov, who resigned Thursday evening, but had been "pardoned" by Prime Minister, Boyko Boyko Borisov, at the last moment.
Mladenov was the one in charge of organizing the forum and inviting the Qatari businessmen. When the later snubbed the event, Borisov had become enraged with both Mladenov and Traikov. The Economy Minister, on his part, had been expected to be the negotiator in establishing solid business relations with the country with the largest Gross Domestic Product, GDP, and one of the richest in the world.
At the end, the PM had decided in favor of Mladenov and Traikov had been designated as the one to take the blame.
The Economy Minister already had two warnings, one over the scandal with the Russian-Bulgarian agreement for the construction of the second Bulgarian Nuclear Power Plant in the Danube city of Belene and the other over strong comments aimed against Lukoil Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend