Brazil Donates USD 50 000 to Bulgaria Flood Victims
The government of Brazil will donate on Monday funds for the reconstruction of southern Bulgarian village of Biser, which was devastated by a flood early February.
Heavy snowfall, combined with snow melting in previous days caused the bursting of the Ivanovo dam, which sent a floodwave to Biser downstream.
Brazil has reacted to the tragedy, which killed ten people, and left many houses in the area demolished.
Monday at an official ceremony at the Bulgarian Red Cross headquarters in Sofia, Brazilian ambassador to Bulgaria Washington Luis Perreira de Sousa will present a donation of USD 50,000 for the reconstruction of Biser.
The Brazilian government has presented its condolences to the families of those who died, and has expressed its hopes for swift reconstruction of the area.
Relations between the two countries received a boost after the election of Dilma Rousseff, who is of Bulgarian descent, and the excitement over her visit to the country, where her father was born, at the beginning of October last year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Special Interview with the Indian Ambassador Pooja Kapur for Novinite.com: India and Bulgaria are Time Tested Friends
- » Iran Pledges to Give More Detailed Responses about Ukrainian Air Boeing Crash
- » Bulgaria’s President: Discrimination against Ethnic Bulgarians in North Macedonia Must Be Done with
- » History Event: Niagara Falls will be Illuminated in the Colors of the Bulgarian Flag on March 3
- » Bulgarian MEP Calls for Restoring Trust between Bulgaria and North Macedonia
- » Vaccination Campaign Kicks off in North Macedonia, Bulgaria Failed to Deliver on Vaccine Promises