Crisis-Stricken Greece to Hold Snap Elections after Apr 15
Greece will convene early parliamentary elections soon after April 15, announced Greek rightist party "New Democracy" leader Antonis Samaras.
"Elections will be held right after Easter," said Samaras during a party meeting. The Christian Orthodox Easter in 2012 is on April 15.
Currently, Greece is being governed by an interim coaliation cabinet headed by PM Lucas Papademos, after the resignation of leftist PASOK PM George Papandreou.
The Papademos cabinet was the one to negotiate the second, EUR 130 B rescue plan to save the Greek economy, which has been hit by a massive debt crisis.
Over the passing week, Greece also convinced private bondholders to a debt swap, which resulted in a write-off of more than 50% of debt.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria