Tsvetan Raychinov Reelected Chair of Bulgarian Doctors Union
The Chairman of the Bulgarian Doctors Union, Tsvetan Raychinov, was reelected at the post Saturday at a forum of the organization, held in the northern city of Pleven.
Raychinov was able to keep the post after a runoff against the Chair of the Doctors Union in the central city of Veliko Tarnovo, Mariyana Kirilova. He collected 212 out 340 votes.
There were two other candidates – the former Chairman of the Union, Andrey Kehayov, who withdrew earlier in the race, and the former Head of the Interior Ministry hospital, Geno Kirov.
The forum began with a scandal after 5 delegates from the northeastern city of Targovishte, representing 300 physicians, were banned from taking part in the vote over unpaid membership dues. This became the grounds for Kehayov's withdrawal, who undertook the move in sign of protest.
He stated that the Union's leadership fails to use democratic forms in its management and the incident was a stark proof for the hardship of Bulgarian medical professionals.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 532 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 549 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Sharp Jump in New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Third Case of Monkeypox has been Confirmed
- » Bulgarian Doctor Kunchev: In 2-3 weeks We Expect a Peak of a New COVID-19 Wave
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 123 New Cases in the Last 24 hours