Poland Moves to Rescue Bulgaria from Egg Price Crisis
Poland will increase its exports of eggs to Bulgaria, thus normalizing the market in the country after its recent shocking egg price hike.
Bulgaria's Agriculture Minister Miroslav Naydenov has already talked with his Polish counterpart Marek Savicki, who has assured him that he will contact local producers immediately, the Bulgarian Agriculture Ministry has announced.
Poland is the largest egg producer among the EU 27.
Egg prices in Bulgaria doubled in the course of the last two weeks, exceeding EUR 0.25 per egg at some places.
If a cartel agreement among egg producers is proven, the financing intended to compensate producers for complying with EU requirements on laying hens' welfare will be stopped, Naydenov warned on Tuesday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov: We Doubled the Salaries of Teachers, 1 Billion Were Invested in Educational Infrastructure
- » Bulgarian Civil Aviation Suffers Huge Losses Owing to Coronavirus Pandemic
- » Big “Potato Fraud” Exposed in Bulgaria
- » Greek Tourism Minister: Vaccination Certificate Not Mandatory for Traveling to Greece
- » UniCredit Bulbank: Bulgarian Economy Will Slowly Recover in 2021
- » Bulgarians No Longer Need Negative PCR Test for Entering Serbia