Norwegian Mass Killer Breivik Charged with Terrorism
Norwegian Anders Behring Breivik, the man who shocked the world by murdering 77 people last July, has been officially charged with committing acts of terrorism.
If convicted, Breivik may face 21 years in prison, However, prosecutors have indicated they consider Breivik mentally ill and will seek involuntary commitment to psychiatric care instead.
The 19-page indictment was read to the right-wing extremist in Ila prison on Wednesday.
Geir Lippestad, Anders Behring Breivik's lawyer, has told the Norwegian Dagbladet that his client believes what he did was based on rational grounds and that he was sane.
The 33-year-old right-wing extremist has been in custody since the 22 July attacks in Oslo and at a youth camp on the island of Utoeya, in which he shocked the world by killing 77 people, mostly teenagers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 347 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Scholz claims Western Weapons will Not Hit Russia
- » Britain Bans Migrants from Appealing Deportation
- » US shoots down Chinese Balloon, Beijing claims this Violates International Practices
- » Day 346 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky thinks Negotiations for EU can begin This Year, Germany has Evidence of War Crimes
- » Blinken Postponed his Visit to Beijing because of the Chinese Balloon
- » Initial Data after the Introduction of the Euro in Croatia: Inflation is Slowing Down