Bulgarian Agriculture Minister Moves to Investigate Egg Price Hike
Bulgaria's Agriculture and Food Minister Miroslav Naydenov will investigate the reasons why egg prices in the country doubled in the course of just ten days.
"Egg producers came to me when they had problems – unfair competition from Poland, Bulgarian producers that had not fulfilled the requirements. I helped them cope with these problems. Back then, they told everyone that egg prices won't rise. Now the opposite is happening," Naydenov reminded on Monday, as cited by the Focus news agency.
While Naydenov agreed that certain factors like higher fodder and energy costs may justify increased prices, he stated that the increase should have been by a certain percentage instead of double as much as the previous prices.
"If they do not succeed at convincing me what the reason is or if I suspect a cartel agreement, I will ask the Commission on Protection of Competition to launch an investigation," Naydenov threatened, referring to egg producers.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Growth in Bulgaria’s Gross Domestic Product
- » Asen Vassilev: Within 2 weeks Bulgaria will have a Draft Budget 2023 with a 3% Deficit
- » Over 75% of Bulgarians have Difficulty covering their Daily Expenses
- » The EC Plans to Extend the Ban of Imports of Ukrainian Wheat to Bulgaria and 4 more countries
- » Kristalina Georgieva: There is no significant slowdown in Lending
- » Bulgaria might File a Claim against Gazprom