Stabbed Bulgarian MMA Fighter Regains Consciousness
Blagoi Ivanov, the Bulgarian MMA fighter who was recently stabbed in a brawl in downtown Sofia, has regained consciousness.
Ivanov is now in a stable condition and is under a milder treatment regimen, doctors have told the BGNES news agency.
The fighter's main problem is with one of his lungs and not with his heart, according to the experts that treat him.
A week ago, Ivanov and two of his friends had just occupied their places in a bar on Graf Ignatiev Str., when a group of 8 persons armed with bats and knives, including the suspect, allegedly came in and attacked them.
At 5.10 am police came in to find the attackers escaped and Ivanov with a deep stab wound under his armpit.
On his record, Blagoi Ivanov aka Bagata has the gold medal in the 2008 World Sambo Championships and the bronze in the 2006 world contest.
In March 2011, he signed a contract with Bellator Fighting Championship to take part in the mixed martial arts heavyweight division.
In Bellator MMA fights, Blagoi Ivanov has never lost a match, having won 6 of his 7 games this far, and tied one.
- » Bulgarian Customs Officers Prevented Smuggling of 1,5 kg of Gold Jewels
- » Man Attacked Students from the National Military University
- » Israeli Executive Arrested in Bulgaria on Guatemala Bribery Suspicions
- » Three Detained over the Destroyed Dune near Camping "Smokinya" on the South Bulgarian Coast
- » Drunk Men Beat up a Bulgarian Store Owner in Scotland (Video)
- » Mexico Finds 20 Bodies, 17 of Them Burned, Near U.S. Border