Food Prices in Bulgaria Steadily on Rise
The prices of basic food products in Bulgaria have continued to rise during the month of February, reports Bulgaria's state agency in charge of wholesale.
Eggs have marked a record rise of 35% for wholesale price during the month of February, which makes 60% on a yearly basis.
The white cow cheese price has risen with 4%, while meat sausages have risen with 1.6%.
The prices of beans, rise, milk and meat products have made a 5-10% rise of the price on a yearly basis.
Sugar and fish meat have been marking especially steep hikes, with 18% and 21% on a yearly basis.
Sunday a new string of protests against what some believe to be unduly high prices of car fuels are scheduled across the country, reports the Bulgarian National Radio.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria may lose 1.4 Billion Leva if the Territorial Plans for the Coal Plants are not ready
- » American Companies - in fourth place among Investors in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Fuel to Increase in Price to 3 leva while Lukoil makes 1 Billion 800 Million Excess Profit
- » January 1, 2025 - Bulgaria’s New Target Date for Entry into the Eurozone
- » Brain Business Jobs in Bulgaria Grow Strongly
- » Bulgaria is 43rd in the World in terms of Economic Freedom